Watercooling maniac

Status
Not open for further replies.
uniform cooling will prevent performance slumps as the system ages. Components that are constantly heating up an cooling down, expand and contract, thus causing them to change value as well as they may develop stress cracks or other problems. Over time this can cause big problems.

Cooling is one of the most important parts of your system, keeping the temp cool and stable will extend the life of your system as well as keeping the performance from degrading.

Adding to Stormbringers excellent post there is one more thing, it will be enough with just one 120mm low RPM fan to cool the whole computer, thereby reducing the noise it creates to a bare minimum...

I'm really close to it right now, most people that come into my room say, "wow is that comp really running"

If you have ever seen a computer boot up while creating no noise at all you really get addicted to build such a computer...

(I've once removed ALL fans in my comp and started it up (just for a short while of course) and man, was I amazed!

Maxtor DiamondMaxPlus D740X-FDB with "Fluid Dynamic Bearings" would be your drive of choice then, I've got two of them in RAID-0 mode and I can barley hear them when they are idle...

Originally posted by deskjet390
hey
WOULDNT THAT SUCK IF YOU GOT A LEAK?!?!?!?!?:rolleyes:

Use distilled water. It conducts no electricity. Yeah, if you were using regular water it would suck big time...

If the water-cooling system is professionaly made, the chance of leakage is miniscule.

Seagate Barracude IV's are the quietest drives available. IMHO or fact, I dunno, but still...The last machine I built had 2 low-RPM 80mm case fans, a Barracude IV, and a wimpy stock HSF, and it was very quiet.
My current system has 5 80mm 32CFM case fans, 2 Western Digital drives (not too quiet, but not loud), and a Volcano 9. The only time the noise of my computer bothers me is when the V9 is turned up all the way. It's freaking unbearable. I believe it's an 80mm fan, and it moves 75+CFM at 4800RPM. Medium is damn good, it perfectly blends in with the rest of my case noise. It is, all in all, very quiet.

Originally posted by Vehementi
Use distilled water. It conducts no electricity. Yeah, if you were using regular water it would suck big time...
True until it hits your mobo and comes in contact with dust, then instantly its non-conducting state has material in it that has allowed it to be a conductor. Next thing you know :hotbounce :hotouch: :dead:

Use water wetter on your cooling water . Available in most automotive stores, water with water wetter absorbs more heat and it's red in color, so it looks cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back