Watercooling Reccomandations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good liquid cooling (koolace,swiftech,etc) doesn't start to show up untill $200 and that's for a cpu only setup.

I would never recommend any pre-made water cooling kits. generally speaking they are either cheap quality, poor performing, or very overpriced (or all of the above in some cases)

water cooling systems are like PC's... you can build yourself a better system for less than half the price. also like building PC's... you aren't actually building anything. you're simply connecting a few pre-built parts together.

shop around and buy your parts separate. you'll save a ton of money. you don't have to buy expensive components either. for example, you can buy a $70 switech/danger den pump that will work great, but not much better than the $11 minijet606 that I have been running 24/7 for the last 2 years (and I'm still using it as I type this message).

my first water cooling rig cost me $36 to make. (that was about 8 years ago i believe ;))

whatever you choose, good luck and have fun! :wave:

WOW, you guys won't believe this. Before I had a Zalman CNPS-9000 CPU Copper cooler on the CPU. Now I have a Kingwin copper water block with AS5 and my cpu temps are 15 Celsius cooler. My 7800 gs is now 20 Celsius cooler. I had to make my own retention bracket, and after 3 hours of work it was worth it. All this with a Kingwin Aquacool AS-3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back