Wats better dell xps or alienware

Status
Not open for further replies.
i want to buy my self a computer with a fast proseser, is relyalbe, so i found these two, plz could someone tell me which 1 is better, the dell xps 700 or the alienware for 899 pounds

wats better writing messages in gibberish or posting them in the wrong places

well thats a tuffy becuase everyone that has alienware that i know theirs is always broken and i also have a alienware which happens to be broken most of the time, in fact its not even up and running right now. So i would say dell just so that it works outa the box

Hi
I would say that the XPS 700 is a better choice , plus it is a very prowerfull system , i would have definatly got that only if i could save so much :)

There is no XPS 700 laptop as far as I know on the Dell website. On the Alienware site there is the 899 pound system which seems too much cash to spend on a relatively weak machine. I would recommend getting a Dell Inspiron 6400. With full options it comes upto 889 pounds with an Intel Core Duo 2GHz processor, 2GB of RAM, a 120GB hard disk and a 256MB ATI Radeon X1400 video card. Superb value for money. Check it out with the link below.
http://configure.euro.dell.com/dell...8647&rbc=N08647&s=dhs&sbc=ukdhsrsinspn_6400_1
P.S. -> If ur going for the Inspiron 6400, in the link above, select the no service upgrade option. You'll save a lot of dosh and so will be able to upgrade the video card and battery if u need to.
Hope it helps :)

hi
This is not a noe book , it is desktop system and one of the good ones that they offer ,i dont think dell note books are good =for gaming, for work they might be good, but you do have the optiion for Dell XPS note books, plus Dell and Alien ware is the same company just i different brands

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
Could a mod please merge this guy's posts(& mine) from gamingguy27's thread into this one?

I don`t think there`s any point in merging them as everything has been covered here. I`ll just delete them instead.

blink.11. Please don`t post this, in any other threads. Thanks.

Regards Howard :)

Dell and Alienware are not the same! Who told you they are? And he is talking about a laptop system, not a desktop. He earlier posted in another thread regarding another member who wanted to buy a laptop. Alienware PCs are way overpriced and the Area51 m5500 is no exception. The Dell Inspiron 6400 with full options is very good for it's price and with it's options is cheaper than the Alienware for a similar price. The Alienware comes with a 1.66GHz Core Duo processor, 512MB DDR2 RAM, a 128MB ATI Radeon X1400, a 60GB HDD & a CDRW\DVD combo drive. That's versus the Dell's Intel Core Duo 2.0GHz processor, 2GB DDR2 RAM, a 256MB Ati Radeon X1400, a 120GB HDD and a DVD burner drive. Plus the Dell's price includes shipping, the Alienware's doesn't. It's a win-win situation if u get the Inspiron 6400 but it's upto u what to get. I can just advise u, not force u to buy something u might not want to get.

hi
the insprion is definatly a good deal , however the XPS note books are the good'
they perform well and have no issues , good dependabilty
and yes dell owns aleinware , i dont know since wen, but i am sure of this , do u r research

I know about Dell owning Alienware but the companies operate completely differently, as u might have judged from the prices. The XPS does have better heat dissipation and other stuff but it still is expensive. BTW, if he needs a gaming laptop(Alienware makes them as such) then why not get one from www.killernotebooks.com They have a wide selection of gaming laptops and will ship to the UK.

I wouldnt buy a Dell personaly the reason is because I own 2 they well they suck but I heard Alienware is a really good computer but that was before Dell bought them out so I wouldnt but either

Dell own Alienware, both similar systems i'd say. If you have the money to dish out for those systems, build your own. Custom = stability = reliable if you know what your buying.

go gateway, on their website they are selling a Pentium D based system with 250GB HD and 1GB RAM Windows MCE 2005 and 19"LCD widescreen all for US$799.99 EXCLUDING Shipping and tax

That a good choice, I have a Gateway desktop that I had for 4 years and the only problem I ever had with it was the CRT mointer blew out but nothing wrong with the tower and they have wonderful tech suport that speaks English very well unlike Dell lol. So yes AMDIsTheBest010 is 100% correct go Gateway

Yes, I have always had good luck with Gateway, As i said earlier, i have a Gateway FX510X series desktop, and a gateway MX series notebook, and have owned other desktops in the past ( dating back to Win95 ) and have never had any problems with them except on one occasion when my modem went out, but they sent me another modem within 2days and included full installation instructions. Plus Gateway keeps all thier support in the U.S. which i think is great, b/c i can understand the person im talking to for once.

Case In Point: Yea Gateway may charge higher prices compared to their competition, but they make quality products, and fully stand behind their products. I dont think i will ever own a product besides a gateway, and thats just my opinion but i've owned Dells, Compaqs, HPs, Apples, IBM/Lenovo, and have always found gateway the one that i always return to for all my PC needs.

...AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back