WD Raptor SATA 150 and SATA 300 configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBN

Hi

I have just bought a WD Raptor which has 8mb Cache and is SATA 150. I am running my OS on this hard drive and my other WD drive is 250GB 16mb cache 72000rpm and is SATA 300. The 250GB Drive i've decided to use for storage.

Should i change the jumper settings on the 250GB Drive to run at SATA 150 or should i just leave it at SATA 300.

and at times it does take a while to access files from my 250GB too. there are some other jumper settings on the back of both drives but i dont know which ones would be optimal for me.

Thanx in advance.

Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz
Asus P5WD2 Premium Mother Board.
1.5GB RAm DDR2.

BTW My DVDRW has dissapeared from My Computer too!

The interface speed makes absolutely no difference

The drive mechanics are at least 2x slower than SATA150 and it makes absolutely no difference whether you run the drive at SATA150, SATA300 or SATA50000.

You could try some more obvious things like defragmenting the drives and splitting them into several partitions.

Thanx for the quick reply. I've been reading around on the forum and yeah it does seem like there is no difference between SATA 150 and 300. However i have changed the jumper settings on the SATA 300 drive, since to keep both 150 and i do seem to see an improvement.

i already do have 4 OS partitions on the Raptor and about 7 storage partitions on th 250gb and i am using HyperOS.

There are jumper settings for Speed Spectrum Clocking on both the drives and a setting for Power up in standby. What do those mean???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back