Web Cam Configuration-no audio/video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm a newbie to posting online. Read a thread by someone else posted 2/22 about connection of webcam with no audio/video. I have installed the Creative Live! Cam Voice on my sister's computer and my mother's, they both have broadband connection with Comcast, everything went smooth and works great. Now I'm installing on my own and having video/audio problems. Video test is good, but black screen when trying to connect through Skype, with internet connection via Satelite (Gotsky). Audio is good for 3 sec then becomes choppy, intermiitent and synthesized sounding. Contacted my satelite service company and inquired about bandwidth, they said I am at the highest and shouldn't have a problem. Contacted Geek Squad about the possibility of needing a different sound card and the person I talked to said that he has seen many connections work with sounds cards lesser than mine. Contacted my wireless router support and we opened ports for connectivity, didn't help. Per a different site blogging post, I made sure my windows UPnP was enabled. I am on XP home. Tested audio record and playback with the headset had positive response, although amplified synthesized sounds as well. Hope someone can help me out. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back