web pages with download files not showing!

I'm running windows 98se and cannot manage any downloads from the internet. For example I want to set up winzip but the site becomes non viewable (ie just a small icon in top left corner of page like when a picture is not viewable) as soon as I get to the download file which is usually *.exe.

I've reloaded internet explorer, checked security settings etc. is there anything further I can try?

Try to rightclich here or here and choose save as... (note, the first server was extremly slow in loading for me...)

As for your problem, which version of IE are you using? 4.x, 5.x, 5.5x, 6.x? There's quite a few of them out there right now...

download problems

I'm running IE version 6.0.2600 as it says in the help/about window. Still not able to download drivers for anything, nor winzip
:(

You didn't manage to download winzip from either of the links I posted? Strange...

Did you try right-clikc and save target as?

MS just released some patches for IE, maybe one of those will fix your problem... grab them fom here...

If that doesn't work, post back and we'll see what we can do :)

download problems

I've discovered that it is an issue relating to Quick Time. It seems Quick time is trying to run the download and failing. How do I remove the Quick Time option to manage FTP?

I'd uninstall QuickTime, reboot, check that downloads are working again...

Then I'd install QuickTime, but unticking the option to catch downloads...

Or you could just look around in options... It's bound to be a way to disable it there... (But as I don't have quicktime installed, I can't tell you where...)

Back