Webcam Drivers will not load

Status
Not open for further replies.

CompuGeek247

Well I spoke to my girlfreind and she got a new webcam to go with her new comp. Guess what. Its a Compaq. The worst brand of computers in my opinion. Compaq is the reason I learned how to build my own computer. Well she got a compaq and now she is having problems like i had when i first got my compaq 2 years ago. As some of you know, I now have my dream ultimate computer gaming machine and it feels good to know that i wont be plagued with problems that come with a store brand comp. Anyways The curse of the compaq lives on. It left me but it got to her now.
Well She said that her camera wasnt working so im thinking to myself what a newb. Im like how hard can it be to install a simple webcam. Well compaq somehow made it hard. Yes i know its probably not there fault and its a software glitch but I have so much hate for them that it is there fault. I go over there and i try installing it and it will not work correctly.

This is the problem. It is a logitech quickcam messenger. I install the drivers to it and installation goes well. After it says to restart windows XP. then it detects the new hardwareafter the restart. hardware Being the cam. I tell it to find the drivers that came on the cd and it says invalid data. When i check in systems in control panal, it says that there are no drivers loaded. under conflicts i see that it says Code 29 please try to reinstall driver. The problem is the driver will not load at all. To the cam that is.

I think it must be with the usb port. But i enumerated it and it still will not work. I know this isnt alot of info but i dont have the comp with me i will try to get into more detail tomarrrow. Thanks for the help if anyone can help at all

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Why have you decided to post in a thread that`s over 3 years old? :rolleyes:

Unplug the camera and reboot your computer. Install the drivers/software for the camera and only connect the camera when either prompted to do so, or after the drivers have been installed and the system has been rebooted.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back