Webmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

Because of my faulty OE outgoing mail, as a back-stop, I'd like to use Webmail, I did go there, & sent a message, just to test it out, but when I went back to OS, it was returned, unable to deliver, or some such words, saying "SMTP error", I checked the outgoing address, it was OK, & put mine where it said "reply to", was that where I went wrong?, although it seemed logical enough.

As info is very sparse on the Webmail site, how do you see your incoming / outgoing mail details, or can you only see the Wbmail generated ones?
In general how do you negotiate the site, would anyone who uses Webmail please help?

Maurice.

Thought you'd like to see the message that I received, when I tried to send an email via Webmail, does this give any clue as to why it was returned undelivered, I have, of course, deleted all relevant email address details-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

david
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<david.:
host esmime.virgin.co.uk [194.201.173.230]: 550 Rule imposed mailbox access for david refused

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <mcole>
Received: from mk-webmail-2.b2b.uk.tiscali.com ([212.74.112.92]:1514)
by mk-smarthost-2.mail.uk.tiscali.com with esmtp (Exim 4.30)
id 1Bxmu6-00067E-TU
for david ; Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:24:30 +0100
Received: from exim by mk-webmail-2.b2b.uk.tiscali.com with local (Exim 4.24)
id 1Bxmu7-000OIM-5g
for david; Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:24:31 +0100
To: david
Reply-To: mcole
Subject: Trying out Webmail
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:24:31 +0100
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Message-Id: <E1Bxmu7-000OIM-5g@mk-webmail-2.b2b.uk.tiscali.com>

David, thought I'd try out webmail as a backstop, my outgoing e-mails are
being sent at the moment, this is just in case.
Maurice

Quite simply, no, I checked, & double-checked, I wondered afterwards, did I have to enrol?, I couldn't see anyway to do this.

Thanks for trying to help.

By the way, my outgoing emails are a lot better, about 90% success now, Breathe now have a much improved support centre, they have all your account details, & facilities to amend accounts etc.**
I had sent a long email to their old support centre complaining, [& boy, did I complain!] & got an automated reply giving the new address, so I cut & pasted my email to the new site, [getting good at that] now I'm waiting to see what they say,....I won't hold my breath!
** Among all the info, they say they are in the proceess of doing a systems update, so perhaps email connections will be put right, I only hope that I won't need to upgrade, as I did last year, it WASN'T at all easy!

I know I should have put this on the other thread, but thought you'd like to know here.

Have a good weekend,

Maurice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back