Webpage without Frontpage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I got instructions to post a page on my schools website using Frontpage, except they don't give us frontpage to work with, stupid huh? So I was wondering if any of u could translate this to dreamweaver talk:

The URL of your website is http://iis.lb.devry.edu/stark/<username>, where <username> is to be replaced by the 1st character of your 1st name and the 1st 3 char of your last name + the last 4 digits of your Devry ID number. For example if your name is Jane Doe and your DIN is D001234 then your <username> would be jdoe1234 and the full URL of your page is http://iis.lb.devry.edu/stark/jdoe1234

A password is required to acces your Web site. Your pass is your DIN/

1. Open your web site
a. Open Frontpage
b. click file->Open Web
c. Enter your full URL
d. you will be promted for your username and pass

2. Copy your webpages to your web site
a. navigate to where you have kept all your files and images
b. copy one or more of those files (left click a file, then right click to bring up a contextual menu: copy the files)
c. in frontpage Folders view paste these files and folders into your web site

3. Publish your website
a. in front page, click on file-> Publish web

4. Test your page

Frontpage is just a GUI(Graphical User Interface) in which you create a webpage.
If the assignment is to CREATE and upload your page to the site, get on with it
any way you please or have the knowledge to use.
If the assignment is to LEARN basic Frontpage, go get a copy and follow the instructions from there.

jobeard said:
Frontpage is just a GUI(Graphical User Interface) in which you create a webpage.
If the assignment is to CREATE and upload your page to the site, get on with it
any way you please or have the knowledge to use.
If the assignment is to LEARN basic Frontpage, go get a copy and follow the instructions from there.

Yeah I'm supposed to upload it to the above adress, except I don't know how, when I go to the edit pages options in dreamweaver there is a bunch of stuff about servers and all that, and there lies my problem, I don't know what information to put in that

And yes, we all know frontpage sucks :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back