Weird. Access to folder, but no files are shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not able to access a folder that contains music files, approx 11 GB worth.
They are still taking up HD space, they still play in Winamp, but when I try to get into the folder though Windows Explorer, the computer pauses and shows nothing. Norton AntiVirus also shows no files to scan.
Properties says that the folder is empty. Tried 'Show Hidden Files', didn't work. Tried Safe Mode and the Security tab in Properties, didn't work.

Any help with this weird problem would be great!

did u recently reinstall windows or get a second hard drive? i have that problem.
i couldnt get windows to activate on my (crappy) emachines original hard drive, so i got a new drive, installed windows,, and now i cant access any files from my pictures or my music, etc from my old accounts on the old drive. it says access denied. tried taking ownership ,etc but access denied.

No, this is a new computer. I'm not even getting an Access Denied window popping up.
Everything just freezes for a moment then shows an empty folder.
But the songs are still playing...

Are those files downloaded under a license or copied via Media player with the licenses controls on?

Nope, none have been downloaded with a license or have been copied by myself through media player.
I had full access to the folder earlier today.

did you try moving the folder to a new location? also, is the folder in my documents or a different location?

Unless permissions on the drive are orveriding the folder.
I'm stumped,
Please post your answer when you find one.

Alright, I've finally got it fixed!
So, apparently there was nothing wrong with the Permission settings, or anything like that...
I ran Norton Disk Doctor, which is a program that comes with Norton Systemworks, and it found that there were some errors on the disk and in some memory clusters. It identified them and then fixed them so now I have complete access to that folder.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back