Weird boot up issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I'm having some strange issues with a new PC I just purchased.
(I'm a DJ and going to be using it purely for that purpose)

I have been hooking up a regular monitor, keyboard and mouse with no problems at all.

The problems start when i try and start the PC with my new "rackmounted" combined monitor,keyboards with trackball built in. The PC goes into the BIOS screen?

If I exit out of bios it then takes about 10 minutes to boot into windows and then everything looks fine apart from windows no longer see's my secound HD?

Again, if I plug in the other monitor and keyboards then it boots fine with no issues.

It's just not liking the "rackmount" conbined monitor set-up?

Any idea's suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan

You need to fill in your profile so we know what your comp is and what windows it runs. It sounds like a hardware conflict but advice depends what youre running.

Sorry,

I have a Pent.4 3.0 Mhz 1GB Ram, 2 HD's (120GB and 300GB)ATI Radeon 9200 video.Delta 410 Pro Sound Card. System runs on windows xp pro.

What does the rackmount use to plug in?

ie... are they USB?

It rather sounds like a device conflict.

Does the harddrive show up in device manager?

NOT USB
Just the regular keyboard/mouse connections and then the 15pin for the monitor.

I'm pretty sure that it saw them in the bios. (I don't have access to the pc now) But it must see them because it will eventually boot into windows but then you can't see the second HD for some reason (plus the boot takes about 9 minutes)

Sounds like a duff keyboard (the one with the built-in trackball).
Replace it under warranty if you can.
Check that no pins are bent or missing inside the keyboard plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back