Weird BSOD when Ctrl-Alt-Delte w/ minidump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm180

This just started yesterday and I thought it was just a fluke at first but this morning I noticed how I can get it to crash every time.

I am getting Bugcode_USB_DRIVER Stop 0x000000FE every time I hit CTRL-ALT-DELETE it happens. The other day it happened when I was on a web page and it went to not responding so I hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and a few seconds later BSOD. So today I rebooted the computer nothing running except OS and did it again and boom the same error popped up. Did it a few more times as a test and like clockwork keeps doing it. Any idea whats going on.

Bugcode_USB_DRIVER Stop 0x000000FE
0x00000001 , 0x00000000, 0x00000000

I run a 3000 XP AMD with 1 gig of ram (single stick). I uploaded my minidumps from yesterday and today. Thanks in advance.

Storm180

I think I might have figured it out. It has to do with my Epson 825 Printers Mass Storage slot where I can put in my compact flash card. I had my 4 gig flash card in it and did the ctrl-alt-delete and now that I removed the card its not crashing out. Checked epson site and they don't have any updated USB driver for the mass storage device.

Storm180

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back