Weird problem involving all removable media

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...I've encountered a seemingly unheard of problem - can't find info on it any where. Here's the deal: about a week ago I had trouble getting a cd to read, the drive kept seeing it as blank media. Then today I discovered that flash drives and floppies (that I know work perfectly well) engender 'drive unformatted' messages with a request to format. So nothing works or so it seems at first. I've discovered that I can leave the cds in and the flash drives connected to the system and reboot, then they work fine; but if I take them out and put them back, I get the same thing all over again.
This is probably the most frustrating thing I've ever come across. I've got windows XP pro fully up to date. I'm wondering if it's not the chipset drivers for some reason, or possibly InCD (I do have a old release).

If any one has a clue to help with this puzzle, I'm listening.

Eleazer

Try removing InCD. It gave me a lot of trouble a while back. I have a new version that I think is working at the moment. Hardly use it.

Thanks Ironduke...I think it was a pre XP version of Incd. Looks like it finally started showing it's age. Removing InCD has cleared up the problem for now...we'll see what happens when I find a newer copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back