Weird problem, need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I replaced the battery about a week ago on my mobo because it was losing the settings I have when it would start up. Normally runs at 2.66ghz but starts up on 4.0ghz. Never overclocked, so I dont know why it started doing this. I took out the battery for more than 30 mins and put it back in and it still doesnt go back to default settings. I also cleared the cmos with the jumper and no luck. It goes to 3.32ghz after i clear the cmos or take the battery out, but now when I start up the damn thing turns off on me. I can get to the bios screen and when I try to load the performance defaults it turns off. I dont think its the cpu because its not old at all, and normally if the cpu was bad it wouldnt get to bios screen.The mobo is year or less old so i dont think it would be the mobo. Could it be the PSU? Its 250w lol but I dont have many drives or anything that uses much power. I need to fix this because its annoying as hell. Any help would be appreciated as always.

IF you are getting HIGH volts to the cpu that would look like an overclock and thus the thing to look for in bios is the (I believe) vcore voltage and compare it with the motherboard cpu spcs.

????

Why do so many think removeing the battery is a miracle fix.
This resets the bios and needs a technician to reset it.
If you have a Motherboard manual and cd,you might do it.
Try the bios option "reset defaults" .
But make a restore bios disk before you remove a battery,if you really think you have to.
In 18 years i have never even thought of doing this.:confused:

There is no "reset defaults" on my bios. There is simply Load performance defaults and Load optimized defaults. I checked the voltage and they were the same volts as specified in my mobo manual.

Do you have a Motherboard manual ?
If so read it.If not get a pdf version and read about how to solve
this problem,or contact Support.
This is a highly technical problem.
Not Forum guesses.
My manual explains it well for my asus,but of course i don't remove batteries.
You need a recovery floppy or the cd according to mine but it doesn't mention battery removal.Theres no reason too.
Bottom line : You need a Manual or a Repair Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back