Weird Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptim

I don't know if this is the place for this, but, I'm having problems with web sites. I can view the text on a web site just fine, the problems is, all of the pictures are blurry, even if I click on one to enlarge it. It still is blurry, almost as if water droplets were in front of it.

If the photos are not on a web site I can view them just fine.

Don't know that I have a solution for you but you may want to provide more details ->

how are you connected to the internet - cable, dsl, dialup connection?
are you using a router?
Who is your ISP - AOL, verizon, comcast?
What computer do you have - make and model?
What operating system - windows 98, XP, Vista?
what browser are you using - internet explorer, firefox?

If i had to guess, i would say you are using internet explorer on a DELL computer -> I would suggest downloading and using firefox

Dial up Connection
No router
ISP = MSN

Dell computer,
Win xp
IE

I'm going to download Firefox and see if that helps, thanks a lot.

Blind Dragon said:
Just curious if this fixed the problem?

Home computer, I'll have to wait until I get out of work, is it possible for MSN's dial up service to have a setting that only allows a image to partially load.

It is possible for it to have a setting that speed up their service by compressing images even MORE than they already are through the use of software -> called msn accelerator

and the level should be set to none

i think you can do that by right clicking it from your system tray

Not really, not many people are on dial-up these days, and images even video have become common place on the web, so they had to come up with something or you would have to wait a week to load up all the images on some pages, they have software that compresses the images so that they are easier to open, when you compress and image it loses quality -> by setting the accelerator to '0' it doesn't compress the images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back