westell 327w question

Status
Not open for further replies.

OGGBoy

I have a westell 327w dsl router, and have a switch connected to one of the ports. I noticed that sometimes my connection would drop. So i tried to trouble shoot what might be happening. This is what I noticed and was wondering if this is normal.

The ethernet port on the switch that connects to the port on 327w would be active for 5 seconds then go off for a second or two. Then it goes on again for a period of time then off again for a second or two. I can tell it goes off because of the indicator lights on the swith. So is this normal.

This is what I did so far. I've moved the cables around to see if it was possibly a bad port, but the issue seems to follow the cable. I've plugged tha cable into my cable tester and it passed the test. I've swapped out the switch and the same thing happens. Oh yeah I've done the obvious. Turn off and unplugged the 327w, then back on.

One of the affeced computers is plugged into that switch. When I plug thet computer directly to the 327w, the light remains on and flickering.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. thanks

cc

Looks like the ethernet speed autonegotiation failing.. Try with a crossover cable instead of a straight one (or vice versa). If you have a fancy manageable switch, then you could force the port speed manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back