Westell Model 327W

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wireless is not working. My toshiba using WiFi b was working until a week ago. My wireless still works on other networks. My Westell works with WiFi g using a USB adapter. Verizon spent 2 hours to tell me that my software is not correct. I told them that my adapter works with all other networks I have tried, just not this one. Is it possible the the g part of the wireless can work and not the b?

Have you tried cycleing the router (turn it off, turn it back on) sometimes they just need to be reset.

How long have you had it? Many consumer grade wireless routers have an average lifespan of only 2 to 3 years. It may just be dieing, especially if you keep it on all the time.

I have had it for 3 years. But I am confused about why the g part will work and not the b. Have you heard about that occuring in the past? Thanks,

I personally have a 327w that is about 3 years old and needs to be cyceled on and off at least once a day to work properly. sometimes the lights just blink randomly after cycleing and I may have to cycle it up to 10 times. I should ask for a replacement but it is too much of a hassel, so untill it dies completly I'll just deal with it. The main problem with the 327w is that the router and modem are integrated into the same unit which creates an excessive amount of heat and leads to a short lifespan.

I think the b has failed. The g still works. I have tried another computer using b, and it did not work. My computer sees the wireless network. It just does seem able to sync.

Yah sounds like it's broken. You should probably contact verizon for a replacement. (I'm sure that will be enjoyable, :haha: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back