Westell Wireless Adapter Utility Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently had to do a reinstall of Windows on my sister's desktop. She has a Westell 802.11G Wireless USB Adapter. It worked perfectly fine before the reinstall. Now, it won't work. I am assuming this is because I need to put in the installation software that came with it. However, this is not something we have (I have searched through the house, shes not the best at keeping track of things for her computer). Westell's website does not offer any downloadable software/drivers for their adapters. I e-mailed them, and they said I need to contact Verizon for Wireless USB adapter support. Verizon has yet to respond. I located what appear to be the drivers for it online, but after installation they do not work. The user guide says that both the software utility and drivers must be installed. Does anyone know where I can get the software utlity or how do install without it?
There is a serial number on the back of the modem: A90-211WG-01
Thanks.
Kara

Westell Wireless Adapter (Verizon DSL), driver problem

I have had the same problem with my Westell 802.11g USB Wireless Adapter, supplied through Verizon DSL. The system crashes and the error, as far as I can tell, is 1003, category (102), source: system. Everything points to the device driver. I have looked online for a new/updated driver, and have found none. I went to the web page https://www.westell.com/pages/verizon/327.jsp as suggested, and entered my serial #. It said it was invalid, which is impossible, as it is a legitimate Westell device. I tried both the modem and adapter serial #'s with no luck. So far I haven't had to reload windows or do any other major fix. However, the untimely crash of the system is somewhat worrisome, especially now that I know the cause. Any suggestions???

Solution?

Hey I was just wondering if anyone found a way to solve this problem because I'm going the the exact same thing. I can't find my cd to reinstall my wireless adapter.

hello everyone was this problem ever solved ? I the cd that came with this usb
and i can not get it to work can someone help me ?
thanks

sorry , i need to type better i have the cd if someone will show me how to share
it i will be happy to. I would also like to know how to make it work does anyone know the correct steps in programming the darn thing

Drivers for Westell USB Wireless adapters

I have driver download links for the adapters from the Westell site:

A90-200WG-01
A90-211WG-01

I have to post 3 times per the rules to give you the links.

Post 1
Kim

A90-200WG-01
A90-211WG-01

Post 2
Kim

A90-200WG-01
A90-211WG-01

Post 3
Kim

Here are the driver download links for the adapters from the Westell site:

A90-200WG-01
http://www.westell.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=207&arcsection=support

A90-211WG-01
http://www.westell.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=208&arcsection=support

Choose "Available" next to the drivers choice in the list. I didn't do it as I do not have one, just work for Verizon in the call center and wanted to know what to tell callers. Let me know if it works.

Post 4
Kim

PS: Drivers are best installed BEFORE plugging in any device. Uninstall the old/existing drivers, reinstall new drivers, and then plug it in for auto-detection. If you just install the drivers and not the management software, you can let Windows manage the wireless connection (Wireless Zero Configuration) which simplifies things.

JIK this is still an issue

I had a problem finding a driver for this device upon upgrading from xp to vista. It seems there is none (thankyou verizon... no offense to the cs agent there... I tried the Westell files), it also seems the ONLY driver that works is the one that comes with the adapter. If you lose it your SOL. Seriously. However you can download a zip file I found (and use...) containing a copy of the package, just takes a little google searching. And keep in mind, a new usb adapter is only like 20 bucks and you'd probably be better off with one (no offense to verizon again... but hey! even the install guy tried to get me to buy one elsewhere... I LOVE my FIOS btw ;p -just got TV thankyou :p-)

BUT if your still stuck with one and need to use it in Vista, I had no problem with the actual DRIVERS in vista. You see, the install contains both the drivers and some custom connection app... just ignore the connection app (take the shortcut to '802.11g usb adapter' out of the start menu -> programs -> startup or it will give you an annoying error message everytime you start up) and use windows' wireless connection utility. You'll find it in your control panel -> network settings somewhere (sorry, I don't use vista... I sold that box and am back on xp). I hope that gets you running, happy holidays!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back