What 5.1 speaker system is best???

Status
Not open for further replies.

videogamer323

I was looking around for a new speaker setup. Well these are my choices and i have been looking at reviews, can't seem to find the "Superior" setup...

Logitech Z640 5.1
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=36-121-104&depa=0

Altec Lansing 251 5.1
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=36-113-126&depa=0

Creative Inspire T5400 5.1
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=36-116-137&depa=0

Also on a strict budget for this upgrade, lower the better, but dont wanna sacrifice any sound if possible (for under $100)
Would prefer the Altec or Logitech cause they are about $20-30 cheaper, but willing to spend the extra for creative if its worth it.

Thanks!

i dunno what your price range is but get the klipsch ultra 5.1 - the sound is amazing...down side is that they dont last long - gotta enjoy em while you can (ima already on my third pair!!!).

edit - just read your last bid about yo budget and all i can say is that my roomie has altec lansing speakers and theyre pretty good for the money (not the ones you want but i figure the quality must be the same). i dont like creative but thats just cuz they only recently started making speakers and arent as far into speaker production as the other two.

your gonna be hard pressed to find a 5.1 system for $100 that doesnt suck. Id recommend you save some more money and look for something better. You will be happier in the long run.

Out of the 3 listed I'd go for the Altec Lansing. I've heard them at work & for the price you pay, the sound is very good. Don't expect a remote control at that price though.

I haven't heard of them before. But my advise is to audition them with your favourite music and see which one suits your taste before attempting to buy it.

The altec's spec out the best, though Ill eat my shorts if any of those systems have meaningful output at 60hz let alone the 35 and 40 that they list.

Out of any of those I would reccomend the Altec Lansings as well.

If it is at all possible, however, I would save money and get the Logitech Z-5300's. I used a set of those for about a week and they were simply awesome, not as good as the Z-680's but damn close. Those speakers are the best quality for the money, IMO.

Yeah I just saw the T7700 were on sale also! So I ran out and picked them up 7.1 Surround for $100 (the price of the 5.1 set) Can't beat that, and they sound Great! Only problem with them is the wired controller gets REALLY HOT and smells like electronics burning up... any ideas?

Also Emailed Creative to see what they say...

more speakers isnt always better- if I had a c-note to spend on a hifi- id get a great pair of headphones. videogamer323, do you have a great pair of headphones?

i do not like the way the logitech z640 sounds. the subwoofer overwhelms the rest of the other speakers and makes everything sound muddy. also the subwoofer is weak as well. the satellite speakers are undefined and lack presence. i would not listen tomusic with those speakers.

godataloss is correct that more speakers is not always better. the sound system may have more channels but may be made cheaply and does not sound good. make sure the speakers you get are quality.

hi-fi headphones are much cheaper than hi-fi speaker systems. you can get some great sounding lower-to-mid-range hi-fi headphones for around $100 USD. makes sure you research the model you are interested in because some expensive headphones (even by reknowned companies such as Sennheiser) do not sound that great.

I would not reccomend the Creative Insipre 5.1. I have them myself, and have had them for almost a year.

1) Sound Control Device: One tiny tiny move will blast the volume, or make it unhearable. *crappy* I hate it, the volume is never 'just right'

2) Defective Right Channel Speaker output--doesn't work, no matter what speaker. The right speaker tries to be the woofer and the woofer is a woofer.

Originally posted by vegasgmc
My controller doesnt even get warm. I think you should return yours.

I wish I could. I only noticed the defective right speaker after the RMA period. And my sound controller just started acting up about 2 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back