What about norton 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
I been working whit norton 2006, and just recive an email with norton 360 features and it says that have tune up utilities, anti phishing, defrag tools and back up files utilities

what can you say.

Thanks

Norton 360 is a much improved product over previous editions... cleaned up, tightened up. Still, I would recommend others over it.

I'm using Norton 360 beta, and I like it... The backup utility works well. The scans are fast and the updates are easy. You can customize all aspects too

Hmm

Is it still a resource hog as other editions ? Does it actually do anything about the virus it detects other than telling you "it can not be deleted" ?

I used NAV 2005 for years, I was not terribly impressed with it as far as you should be with a AV that is sappost to protect your system, it just didnt catch everything and it did not even remove 100% of the stuff it found. Didnt see it being much of a system hog as 2003-04-06 editions, probably the only reason I kept it around. Basically I take better precautions as a user to not get infected and I think smart computing is a better defense against virus than an AV. However it is nice to you have a program that will fix the problem right the first time. That is why I switced to AVG Free. Detects and destoys efficiently :D

But if Norton smooths things up and gives a more effective product then I would concider "paying them" for a service again.

JimShady23,
Norton 360 is still in the Beta stage. The retail version should be released in early March. I want to say that it is not the resource hog Norton is known for, but at this point I can't really say. I will get a $30 discount on the released version, but I don't know the total cost yet. No antivirus/malware protection is 100% effective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back