What Brand DVD+/-R Disks Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNGX1275

I'm running seriously low on my DVD-Rs at home and am going to be purchasing a 100 disk spindle soon. Right now I'm using a Sony 16x burner that is really a rebadged lite-on.

I haven't made many coasters (<3-4)in probably 125 burns with Sony 8x DVD-R disks. I also have burned 15 successfully on 4x Verbatium DVD+R disks. But on my old burner Lite-On 8x (has since died) I couldn't even begin to burn on 4x Sony DVD-R disks.

I was looking online for some Sony 8x again cause I've had pretty good luck with them, but I'm unable to find them in the US for any cheaper than I can get locally, which is a bit more than I want to spend ($0.80/disk).

I saw newegg is having a deal on Ridata disks, but upon reading reviews of them it seems they have been turning out bad batches recently.

So the real question is what has given you good luck (post your burner model too) and is still reasonably priced?

I most recently got the 50 pack of AVB 8x DVD-Rs off newegg -> link

I've burned about 20 of them, no coasters. My burner is an 8x Sony DVD+/-R/RW/DL DW-D56A. It's a laptop drive in my Dell 9300.

I've burned games and movies on them and they all work great.

-V

Newegg also has a deal on Verbatim 4.7GB 16X DVD-R 100 Pack. Although it sells for $63.99, there is a $30.00 mail-in rebate plus you can order a Verbatim 4.7GB 8X DVD-R 5 Pack Jewel Case Disc as a combo for free.

My main DVD burner is a Liteon 16X. Although I just placed an order for the above, I don't have any prior experience to go by. But just in case you're interested, there it is.

I prefer Sony, TDK and PNY media. However my work uses Maxell CD-R's and I've coastered 1 out of about 50.

I prefer TDK media but I'll use Maxell when my budget forces me to or they have a really good sale going. I've burned 0 coasters so far - but I've only burned a couple hundred DVDs total. I've also noticed, though, that TDK media is usually the most expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back