What Cord Do I Need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a GeForce FX 5200 with S-Video capabilities... i need to know what the cord is called that i need to buy to hook up what is similar to a ps2 slot into the red white and yellow slots in my tv... is there such a cord?

Yes, but it depends on what kind of connector you have there. Some manufacturers (Gainward, from what I can tell) use 7-pin S-VHS connector, others use 4-pin. Just look for a suitable S-VHS (Super VHS) to RCA adapter.

Sound comes from your soundcard, typically you'll need a 3.5mm stereo to 2 x RCA cable.

adapter-svhs-cinch.jpg

Ok, well if you're using Red, White, Yellow then they're for Stereo sound (Red & White) & the Yellow is for Composite video output.

So if you want to replicate this then you'll need a S-Video to Composite converter (A lot of Graphics cards come with that) & obviously a Composite video cable as well to connect to your TV. If your TV has an S-Video input you'd get better image using that, so use an S-Video cable if possible (No converter needed in that case).

As regards the Audio you'd want to connect a 3.5mm mini-jack to dual RCA outputs into the same colored inputs on the TV (Red/White). They'd be stuck into the Soundcards Front channel output (So set the Soundcard to 2 Speakers).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back