What do i do next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just say " computer I have added more ram.....hello?.....hello?....can you hear me computer?

JK... your bios should autodetect the ram right click "my computer" and choose properties. on the panel that comes up towards the bottom under "computer" it should reflect the amount of ram you now have.

You shouldn't have to do anything. If you installed it correctly, WinXP will recognize it upon boot. Go to START/RUN/type "msinfo32" in the dialog box (without the quotations). The System Information window will appear, and you total RAM will be displayed in the System Summary.

Ftowngang916 said:
I just upgraded my RAM and i was wondering where and how do i tell my computer i did this. Thanks

Newer motherboards automatically detect the memory and move right through POST(Power On Self Test) and bootup. Some new boards, and older boards might provide an error message saying there is a CMOS missmatch error (or something like this) and prompt you to 1.) enter setup or 2.) continue. If you get the "error" then choose "setup". From the BIOS choose exit and save - this will save the new ram value and POST normally with no errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back