What do you consider an Active Member?

T

tifc8lraz

I was just looking at the site details, and >15,000 active members are listed. I was just wondering what you consider an active member (i.e how much activity in one span of time?)?

Yeah he his post average is 500,000 per day... Dont believe me look at this screenie:

PS. actual screenshot, I didnt edit with Photoshop

Attachments

• Howard.JPG
    Howard.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 48
whoa crap.. 500,000,000.99!

I think Howard could be even happier if he saw that on his bank statement when he gets it at the end of the month..... in $USD :D

I only rack up 6 and a bit...

I see:
Currently Active Users: 1034 (13 members and 1021 guests)
Threads: 60,933, Posts: 364,793, Members: 57,889, Active Members: 13,247

SNGX1275 said:
I see:

Hmm, I could have sworn it said between 15,000-16,000 yesterday for active members, oh well :suspiciou

Yeah... Howard post so much that he posted more then the site says ;)

Nah I think it registers him editing others' posts as his "own" post so most of the post count may actually be edits of others' posts.

No I dont think it does that because it still says it's their post by their name

I think it's because he was probably like the earlier members that joined, Plus when he is loged on he answers like 1000 Security threads ;)

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
Nah I think it registers him editing others' posts as his "own" post so most of the post count may actually be edits of others' posts.

Nope, not true. When I edit someones post, it`s still their post and doesn`t go on to my post count.

My post count is all my very own lol.

Timeparadox: Nice photoshop edit BTW lol.

I joined Techspot in August of 2004. I`ve not been around anywhere near as long as some of our other members who`ve been here since 2002.

As for the 13,247 active members, I`m not sure what that means exactly. Maybe Julio could tell us the answer to what constitutes an active member.

Regards Howard :)

So whom are the oldest members that have been around the longest? Just out of curiosity. And what ever happened to 'BoeingFixer'?

You can find BoeingFixer`as last post HERE. It was from October of this year.

As for members who`ve been here the longest, there`s lot`s of them.

Phantasm66/Nodsu/Rick/Didou just to name a few. If you have the time and patience take a look HERE.

howard_hopkinso said:

Phantasm66/Nodsu/Rick/Didou just to name a few. If you have the time and patience take a look HERE.

Must have missed that post! ;)

Lets not forget RBS and SNGX now....

I did say "just to name a few" I couldn`t possibly have named all the members who have been here the longest, but yes, you`re quite right our very own SNGX is certainly one of them lol(sorry for missing you out SNGX:blush: ).

I believe RBS joined a little later in 2003 and was a big contributer to our forums for a long time.

howard_hopkinso said:
I`ve not been around anywhere near as long as some of our other members who`ve been here since 2002.
And longer than that, this one replaced the old forum on 8th February 2002. I joined earlier, can't remember if it was 2000 or 2001.

Did you notice that uncleel's title is a runner? I thought those were not used anymore!

howard_hopkinso said:

I'm just going to go hide in a corner now.

It's almost where I've been for quite a while. It seems my time for posting has gone kaput.

Anywho, as Mict says most of the mods have been around since 2000 or before. I think I joined in 2000, SNGX in 1999 (The only reason I know that is we went to college together and he got hooked on 3dspotlight...now techspot)

howard_hopkinso said:
I joined Techspot in August of 2004. I`ve not been around anywhere near as long as some of our other members who`ve been here since 2002.
A lot longer than 2002. Thats just when this version of the board was created. We switched from a Jawbreaker board to vbullitin and the posts and join date weren't able to be switched. Before Jawbreaker we were on uBB. I joined back in the uBB days, Dec 1999 I believe.

Nearly everyone with a join date of Feb 2002 was around with the old boards and switched over. Only a few of us are still around from the uBB days.

I used to be quite active on the board, but I've been really busy and don't find much time to post. My posting record shows I haven't been posting here much since Mid-September.

So, what does constitute an Active member?

Far be it for me to bump a really old thread, but I didn`t see any reason to start a new thread for this question. ;)

I would like to know exactly what constitutes an Active member? I don`t believe this question has ever been answered. Well, certainly not to my knowledge.

Taken from HERE.

Threads: 86,285, Posts: 523,137, Members: 84,145, Active Members: 13,917

I know it`s not that important, but it`s something I`d like to know the answer to.

Back