What do you think? (Video Card)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvdy

Hi all.
I was wondering what you all thought of this graphics card and if you could tell me if it would play The Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion and AOE3. Also is it compatible with this Motherboard here?

;)

You forgot to tell us what graphics card you are looking at!

Also, might as well give us your PSU information so we can help you decide if that also will need to be upgraded. You can find the info on the sticker on the side of your PSU. We need to know how many watts it is, who made it and how many amps on the +12v rail(s).

OOPS sorry!
This Graphics card here
My psu is a 400W MAXCASE with 12A on the +12V rail! im going to upgrade it!

Yes, it is compatible with your board, and yes it will play the games you are wanting to play, but be forewarned, you will not be able to play those games with all the eye candy with that card. You will have to turn down the performance settings in order to get decent framerates.

It is an entry level card and the games you are wanting to play are very demanding.

What are the specs of the rest of your system?

Could you recommend me one of this website here?
If that is not too much trouble? I would like it to be within the NZ$200 range but iits ok if its not!
Cheers
Allan

This one looks like a great deal. Very powerful card if you can get it for $200 (current bid).

I'd say you should be looking at a 7600GT as a starting point, a 7800GT would be best if you can find one, and a 7900 series card would also future proof you a bit (but not likely with that price...)

Good luck!

Do you think that that would be worth the $480 buy now price?
Cheers
Allan
PS Specs are in my profile system 1

EDIT I bought the Galaxy GeForce 7900GT that you suggested DonNagual!
Thanks for all your help!
By the way can you tell me if this is a good CPU and is compatible with everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back