What Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

rev_olie

Hi

Im in a real pickel at the moment. I am trying to get a DVD RW to work on my computer. But windows has installed the wrong drivers. When we looked at the back it say
LITE-ON MODEL LDW-4515
I searched the driver section of Tech Spot and havent had any look. Then i found one with an S at the end instead of a 5 thinking i had mis-read the label. It came up with a message saying that i didnt have the apropreate hardware and that in the drive were my DVD RW is i have this:

LITE ON DWDRW SOHW-832S VSO8

can you please help me find the right drivers

Hi

I have never had to install any drivers for any CD or DVD I have ever used, and they have always worked without error.

It is possible that the unit is a LITE-ON MODEL LDW-4515 but it is in a case marked LITE ON DWDRW SOHW-832S VSO8.

Question: what problem are you having with it ?

Regards

Pull the drive and look at the model numbers on the top or bottom of the drive. You should not have any need for drivers, but would need burner software.
DVD Drives fail at a very high rate, and seldom last a year. They can look good and turn, but your disc may not be detected. There is software that can sometimes do a fix, but normally, if it is a close to a year old, or has been used a lot, it is a dead duck and should be replaced.

Well the main problem is that it doesnt actually do anything like wise if i was to put a Cd/DVD into it an acces the drive throught my computer for example it will always come up with no cd inserted and i have tryed it with all sorts of disks and it just doesnt read. I have looked at the back and it does say on it
LITE-ON MODEL LDW-4515
This is why im confused because i cant get/find drivers for it anywere and nothing seems to work

Hi

Ever considered the unit to be faulty ??

Try it in another PC, take it back and have the shop try it, etc etc

Regards

I agree. A $49.00 investment will save you time and money in the long run. The LG DVD-RW at Sams Club, Costco, and Wal-Mart are excellent and under $50. The LiteOn's are similar with only a small hit on longevity.
CD/DVD drives are now the highest failure items on a computer. They are built to fail. If this one is less than a year, it is still under warranty... so take it back to where you got it with your receipt.

If you have the funds, a Plextor or a Yamaha drive will last perhaps three to five times as long as the LG or Liteon, but you do NOT want a Sony, HP, HCV or HCF, LaCie, or Acer.

darn i wish u told me not to get a sony one the first time it broke but i was also looking at a light scribe or a toshiba one do u know if they are any good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back