What graphics card do you reccomend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamingguy27

At the moment i have a GeForce FX5200 (gigabyte) and its rubbish for games.
When playing it either runs slowly, minimizes or crashes (half life 2), when it crashes i get the blue screen with somthing about a phisical memory dump.

My system is a:
*1499 ghz p4
*768 sdram
*seagate baracuda 80gb (2mb cache)
*windows xp

My motherbaord will not support pci express but will support Agp 4X. Could anyone reccomend a good graphics card for around £100?

Thanks in advance, Alex

In all seriousness dude you really could use a Mobo, ram and processor combo to lift your gamimg experience a lot. I understand that you probably don't want to spend that much so i will suggest this. Why not go for a Radeon 9800pro or better? I also hear that the Geforce 6600gt card is incredible bang for buck these days. You may have a little trouble finding a new 9800pro but if you can i wholeheartedly reccomend it. Been using one for a while now and the own bigtime..... **saves for X800XT** :p

A Radeon 9600 Pro or XT would be a better match for that processor. Id also go for 256mb of memory on the card. You can probably find a 256mb 9600XT for about 80-90 pounds.

Thanks

thanks for the help, i have seen a few good graphics cards, one of which is a Radeon 9700 pro, which i can buy 2nd hand of my friend for £50. Do you reccomend this?

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back