What is a decent socket 939 motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gubar

Hi,

someone is kindly giving me a processor and 2 gigs of ram. I will post the exact details once I find out, but he has told me that I'll need to get a motherboard, that is socket 939.

What would be a good one - a fair compromise between price and quality?]

thanks,

gubar

Thanks for the posts.

Would this one be any good-

Asrock 939 N68 PV/GLAN, Nforce 7050, N463 Nforce 630A?

It can be bought for £50.

thanks,

gubar

Ok,

after a bit of research I've found that these ones can all be had for around £50 in the UK.

Asrock 939 N68 PV/GLAN, Nforce 7050, N463 Nforce 630A

Asrock 939 NF6G -VSTA

Asrock 939 S56-M Micro ATX SIS 756

Gigabyte GA-M61P-S3 ATX Geforce 6100

I'll be running XP and not vista, if that makes a difference. I'll be adding 2 gigs to it and a nvidia 7900.

Any thoughts on these?

thanks,

gubar

The ASrock is one of the more basic boards. Reasonably reliable, but considered a basic, budget motherboard. It is NOT for gaming or image editing tasks.
The Gigabyte GA-M61P-S3 ATX GeForce 6100 is an excellent board from an excellent company. 2 GB is barely enough.

Thanks for the posts guys.

Raybay, thanks for the recomendation of the gigabyte board. When you say 2 gigs isn't beraly enough - do you mean specifically for this board, or not enough memory in general?

Moroni - quite a few boards there. Do you recking they are all good boards?

thanks,

gubar

My recomendation for the best ones are for non SLI is the ASUS A8V-XE an if you want the ability to SLI even if it is in the future I recommend the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe. These are great boards!

Keep in mind that Newegg does not ship outside the USA so that link would be for information purposes only.

Thanks again moroni,

I've checked and they don't send to the UK unfortunately. HAving trouble finding stock, but I can see this one quite cheap:

Asus Asus A8v-VM SE mATX Socket 939 Motherboard

What do you think of this one?
thanks,

gubar

Hi,

there are very few of these boards avaible online... there is the first one I mentioned (which doesn't seem great) and these two are on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gigabyte-Skt-...ZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gigabyte-Skt-...ZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

Are either of those two better options?

Also, if I got the first, inferior one... what kind of issues would I face? At the moment I run and amd 3200+ with only one gig, so it would definately be better? I use it mainly for maya, photoshop and zbrush, and a bit of gaming. Would I encounter problems with the asrock board doing these?

thanks again for the help,

gubar

The first listed is fine, if you live in the United Kingdom.

The otherone is a bad link. I cannot bring it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back