What is bad_pool_caller????

Status
Not open for further replies.
What operating system??

A quick google indicates this is a device driver conflict usually. This can be between two devices, or a virtual driver installed by a program. One of the more frequently mentioned items was two CD writing softwares butting heads. If you've installed any software lately, that's probably your first place to look.

Are there any more details, including numbers, to the BSOD?

This information would help greatly....

No more info. Thats whats so frustrating. Ive gotten other BSOD's as well but they are general too. This is a clean install of XP. I may just do it over. That might be why Im having problems gaming. Thanks

I promise you there's more info- it probably says Stop(0x0000, 0x00 etc) down at the bottom. The screen cannot merely say "bad_pool_caller" and that's IT.

contrary to popular belief, those numbers can be very helpful in determining the problem, especially if it is a "known issue" that may be documented in MSKB.

Even when the numbers aren't directly useful, they usually provide enough information to get a working direction even.

The most common bad_pool_caller stop I saw was 0x2c, which was a driver conflict iirc. MS is pretty good about documenting the basic meaning of a stop error, even when it's not specific.

I was having problems with the Audigy card for a week. Removed and re-installed everything. All is working good and no more BSOD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back