What is good air cooling these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse_hz

I haven't been following the air cooling market much after I got into watercooling. Could someone please tell me what heatsinks are king in when it comes to air cooling these days? (performance > silence)

Kind Regards Jesse ;)

Zalman coolers are hands-down the best, from my experience. I have gotten the lowest temps with these over other brands.

dopefisher said:
Zalman coolers are hands-down the best, from my experience. I have gotten the lowest temps with these over other brands.
Hands down the most over-priced, too. Same price for a CPN9500 you can get a Scythe Infinity, and there is basically no comparance between them.

agi_shi said:
Hands down the most over-priced, too. Same price for a CPN9500 you can get a Scythe Infinity, and there is basically no comparance between them.

Actually, they are the same price. And I have never used a scythe cooler, but it looks like any other aftermarket cooler. Besides, the Zalman fans are special. Just look at them!

yes, zalman makes the best. i use them every time better-than-stock cooling is desired, and not a single customer wasn't impressed.

OK so it's gotta be Zalman. Can any of you recommend a specific heatsink model, one that can cool a Prescott?

Kind Regards Jesse ;)

you can take your pick...the 7700cu is fine and it's price has come down. unless you can't spare an extra $20, i would go with a zalman 9500 or 9700

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back