what is my Graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg. I m new and i m having problems posting my thread. But anyway heres my problem: I decided to install lineage game in my computer but the guy thats going to do it for me, asked me to check my graphics card and tell him if its a 64 mb or 128 one, so we will know if it meets the requirements of the game.
I opened the device manager and i found that the card is a:Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family. But it doesnt say if its a 64 or a 128 mb one. I wonder if theres someone that recognizes this graphics card or at least how can i check it myself.
Thank you.

It doesn't really matter if it is 128 or 64 mb because that is an integrated graphics card and, consequently, it is absolute garbage. I would look into getting a new graphics card (Nvidia 6600 or ATI 9600 at least).

Before looking into getting a new graphics card, its extremely important to figure out what type of card you need.

If you post as much information as you can possibly find (make and model of mobo would be handy) about your system, i will research it for you.

And an estimated budget would make it even easier for us and enable us to get u a product which provides u with the best bang for ur buck.

Thank you for your help but to tell you the truth i m not ready to spend money for a graphics card at this moment. On the other hand this guy told me he has just changed his own gr card and he is willing to give me his old one for free. Do you guys think that if i provide you with all the info about my system plus the graphics card credentials you could tell me if it ll be ok if i replace my old one with his?

Yep. The main thing here is what is his card? AGP or PCI and then what graphics port (slot) your motherboard has. Hopefully it has an AGP slot.
If you run DX Diag you can post the txt file here so we can see what mobo you have.

Cheers.

Ok tomorrow morning I ll ask him what his card is and i ll provide you all the info thank you guys. As for you natali, i dont think this is the right place to find friends...:unch:

I ran the DX diag tool as you asked me and I see among others: AGP texture acceleration: not available. Now what does that mean If my friends card is an AGP then it wont work on my computer when we install it?

That box will be checked once the card has been fitted into ur PC. Since the Intel onboard video does not support AGP acceleration it will not show up in DXDIAG. It is unlikely the card will not work in ur PC, unless it is PCI-E or PCI, in which case it will not even fit in ur PC. There is the case of the card being AGP x8 only but even that is quite unlikely since most AGP cards nowadays are AGP x4 and x8 compatible. For these cards, it usually says on the box "AGP x4\x8" which means the card will work at both speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back