What is my...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojam

My computer is a Intel pentium 3 733 mhz. Its slow i know...so i downloaded some software for overclocking...i need to know what would the fsb be for this type of processor, and what would be a good area for the fsb to be to speed up the computer somewhat.

There were 2 733's . One had a 100mhz but and the other 133mhz. I think the best you can hope for is 150mhz. I think all those processors were clock locked so you cant change the multiplier. Check Ebay. You may be abale to find a 900-100mhz chip that you can replace the 733 with.

vegasgmc said:
There were 2 733's . One had a 100mhz but and the other 133mhz.
Only 133MHz. On a 100MHz FSB it would need a 7.33 multiplier which does not exist.

I am not speeding up my computer for ganeral purposes...i want to overclock the processor for video games so that they run smoother and faster... I dont really care about the computer itself...Please help me...the only thing is that compaqs come with a crappy bios....would there be some way to reinstall another bios so that i would be able to alter the fsb and such...or be able to overclock it with some reliable software
Thanks
Mojam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back