What is the best laptop to but for £300-400?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coastymad

Okay first of all I am on a tight budget of around £300 to £400 to get a laptop for student work, ahs anyone seen any good deals on laptops anywhere? THANKS.

"best laptop" is an oxymoron

I've seen a $3000 laptop get easily outperformed by a mid-range pc with some good specs .. maybe you should consider what you need to run from it, like do you want Office 2000, Office XP or Office 2003 and check the minimum requirements for those and other programs you want to use and cut down some of that money you plan on spending ..

I understand but what I tried to say is to look at what you will be needing the pc for and buy it like that .. usually what happens to me (& everyone else I think) is that I buy a computer that "I can afford", instead of buying the one I need and it leaves me madly pissed of like 6 months to a year later that it has become total crap and barely anything new runs on it .. which is what happens anyway, but I would think next time I'm bying (since I got one already) it'll either be top range outer space thingy or I'm not getting a new one at all .. I know, I know I'm running my mouth and it's bull**** advice, ah well .. who ever asked me anyway

Actually that is quite good advice, I will look for a laptop that suits my need and budget. Thanks.

Sorry I wasn't big help, maybe someone who lives in England will know where you can get one ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back