What is the best laptop with a good video card Thats cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryantruck

I want to buy a new cheap laptop computer that has a good video card

I want to buy one that has a good video card installed already because if I open up the case to put a better one in it it will void the warranty

any thoughts are welcome

Thanks Ryan

Give us some more ideas, what do you want to do on it. Which OS do you want to install? What processor, how much memory, size harddisk. Wireless capability? etc.
IBM do Thinkpads with Linux pre-installed. Linux is easy on graphics requirements.
What is your budget?

I want to get a laptop with a pentium 4 maybe 2.8 Ghz or 3.0Ghz Processor

Memory at least 512 Mb But I rather have 1 Gb memory

I want at least a 40GB HD If not bigger

I like To play games so I want a good Video card I herd the better the video card the less stress on the processor and less power consumtion

I have Windows Xp Pro on my desk top Pc but I have to admit Windows XP Pro/Home edition is kind of :giddy: cr@py but most new Pc's come with windows Xp. If I get one with windows Xp I rather have Xp Pro

The most I want to spend is $1000 Dollars Im willing to buy a good laptop with out a plug in video card and just buy a good plug-in video card and install it my self

but I think if you open the case it voids the warranty if it dont void the warranty I rather put the video card in my self

Thanks Ryan ;)

P.S. I would like to have a wireless card to I am willing to install that to ;)

If you want that kind of performance, its not gonna be "cheap" and if you want good video to go with the CPU speed, you might as well get something like a I9100/XPS, or the new I9200, the 9200 boasts a max of 2GB RAM and has a 17" widescreen WUXGA LCD, it also has the Dothan processor and Montarra GME (855 GME) chipset, an upgradable graphics card, and optional internal 802.11x wireless card. It starts at around $1500 with much lower specs than I listed.
The XPS: You can get it with a 3.40GHz P4 w/HT, 2GB DDR400 memory, 100GB HDD, 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon 9800, a DVD burner, internal wireless card and 4yr warranty(including accidental damage) for around $4500. You can get it somewhat less equipped for around $2000

Also, if you can find one of those equipped like you want at the oullet, as RBS mentioned, you can save quite a bit, and as he said, the refurbs are as good as new. In fact, some are new(many are from where a customer or salesperson made a config error and the customer exchanged it, that system is no longer considered "New")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back