What is the highest spec Graphics card i can use on my Biostar M7NCD Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_Joster

Hey Guys,
This is my first time at leaving a post but i am really stuck. i currently have a Biostar M7NCD Pro and i am looking to utilize my features and get my system up to a higher spec. Does anyone know what the highest possible graphics card i can use with this mobo. I have looked around but not found anything really helpful.

If anyone could give me some ideas that would be great. I am Currently using a Geforce FX5200 128mb card. What is a decent upgrade.

Cheers and Please help me

Joe

If money is no object the highest spec graphics card that you can currently get on your motherboard since its an AGP is the ATI RADEON X800 XT Platinum Edition 256MB (520/1120MHz) but if you want to wait a lil ATI is bridging the X850 XT PCI express to AGP, i have not seen any benchmarks on them so i cant tell you if it will be able to outperform X800 XT PE but this mite be something you want to check up on before you make a decision. :giddy:

Thankyou very much

Wow that was quick. thanks bringinHeat. i have been looking around for a while now and couldn't find anything and come in here and post and get a reply in minutes.

Appreciated help always. :grinthumb

Just out of Curiosity

So just to satisfy my curiosity does that mean if i wanted to i could use any ATI card up to the X800 XT?? :confused:

Yes as long as it is AGP you can use an ATI or an Nvidia card. ATI the highest spec card is X800 XT PE and with Nvidia the highest is the 6800 Ultra. Both are great cards however the ATI performs faster. The best bang for the buck card however is the 6800GT by nvidia which is also AGP (this will be the case until the ATI x800XL comes out in retail but since benchmarks are unavailable it remains to be seen) the next price point down will be the 6600 GT from nvidia which is AGP as well. You can chose any one of the cards as long as its AGP and NOT PCI express for your motherboard. :wave:

Lovely job

BringinHeat i appreiate your knowledge very much as you would not believe how long i have been trying to find someone who knows what they are talking about!! respect to you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back