What is this error about referenced memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tru_Snoop

Hey guys;

My PC Specs:
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (no Sp1 or Sp2 installed because I just installed Windows XP)
Case: NETLINK 18IN 350W ATX 3688 CASE /W FRONT USB PORT P4 READY
Motherboard: ASUS A7V880 SOCKETA KT880 DUAL DDR AGP 5PCI SATA SOUND 1000LAN MOTHERBOARD
CPU: AMD ATHLON XP 2100+ 256K 266FSB SOCKET A RETAIL BOX
CPU Heatsink: VANTEC AEROFLOW SOCKETA cpu cooler TMD 5600RPM 35.5CFM
Memory: 512MB PC2700 DDR333 SAMSUNG RAM
Video Card: ABITR9550-128CDT RADEON 9550 128MB DDR AGP8X
Hard Drives: 2 X ( WD CAVIAR 80GB INT ATA/100 HD 3.5LP 9MS 8MB 7200RPM OEM)
Anti-virus: Kaspersky Antivirus Personal 5.0.121
Firewall: Zone Alarm Pro 5.5.062.011

My hard drive just died. good thing was that it was still on warranty, so I replaced it. I just installed Windows XP on this new hard drive and everything worked fine. However, now somtimes I get this error:

"The instruction at "0x77f53207" referenced memory at "0x00000067". The memory could not be "written".
Click on OK to terminate the program.
Click on CANCEL to debug the program.

when I click OK computer kind of freezes because I don't see busy ligt on and I click on anything, so I have to turn off the computer manually.

How to fix this error? What is wrong with my computer?

Also, when I start my computer this icon shows on my desktop, "CLICK ME" (its a green icon). I have to uninstall it everytime by clicking "Uninstall CLICK ME. When I click on "CLICK ME" it says that call is not free it will cost you and so on. What is this stupid icon? How can I get rid of it?

thanks guys.

Are you sure your hardware is working correctly ? The A7V880 motherboard has very serious problems with the memory cotroller. I suggest to test your system with prime95 you can find it here: www.mersenne.org . If this program reports any errors then contact Asus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back