What is this message/how do i get rid

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby123

untitled.jpg

Keep getting this when I start up, how do I get rid?

how do i do it? I want to take my latptop to uni on sat and just want ti fresh and clean as it will be only form of entertainment,

Click on your start button, then all programs, then accesories, then system tools, then system restore. From there, follow the onscreen instructions.

restore from a restore point will not recover the file; it only reverts the registry
to the date requested! :(

A restore point is not the same thing as a backup.

If the file is missing because it has become corrupted then it will fix it.

Actually, i will change that to may fix it.

svchost.exe is an essential windows file but it should be in c:\windows\system32, not where this error thinks it is.
This attempt to run a copy from the wrong file location is perhaps the result of a fixed virus infection - does this make sense?
You could also look in msconfig (Start > run > [msconfig] > OK) for an instruction to run the program from this location - if you find it you can disable it.

svchost.exe is an essential windows file but it should be in c:\windows\system32,
That's correct. any copy running elsewhere is bogus :(

first, get a command prompt and issue
Code:
dir \windows\system32\svchost.exe
which must show the file at this location.

now follow these instructions

follow the insturctions shown -- you have some virus and the instructions will
allow us to diagnose which one.

i thought there was an easier way to fix it?. Are you sure i have a virus as avg runs and it hasnt report nefing

Your system is infected with malware.

svchost.exe should not be in the C:\windows directory. This means that a malicious process is trying to locate a bogus copy of svchost.exe.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of bobby123 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

man I am running out of time as I have to pack, hence I will give you a hjt log and results of rootkit. Please tell me what to do. thanks

Without seeing the rest of the requested log files, I won`t be able to say with any certainty whether your system is clean.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

F3 - REG:win.ini: load=C:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log as well as the rest of the requested log files.

This thread is for the use of bobby123 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

sorry but where is windows explorer cos iwent to tools and options and asked for show hidden folders and files. Located and deleted the BHO(no name) but couldnt find the other 1. Also how is it possible to locate that synchot thing you said.

I restarted and the message isnt coming anymore

If the file isn`t there, don`t worry about it. That`s why I said(if there)lol.

Just post a fresh HJT log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back