What Makes The GPU Hotter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reze-daniel

I asked this question the cooling forum but i feel as if it belongs here so here goes...

I read on some post here about something which i dont recall about the GPU's transistors and how they go into use when you use AA or HDR.

I recently got my Load temps from nearly 90C to around 75C and i wanted to know if AA makes the card hotter or HDR?
Anti Aliasing im willing to get rid of but HDR is a really nice effect which i aint gonna give up on. Im running an 8600GT by the way.

I cant even imagine how hot it will get with a DX10 game

I am using the 158.22, i havent heard reactions on how the new drivers would affect an 8600 card but most of the reactions are mixed so im sticking with the certified Nvidia ones.

By the way, how would the drivers make a difference?

i would turn aa and hdr off, its for the best for your card life span :-D

but my best advice is to get a factory cooler instead of the stock. (read my pc description on what cooler i'm using by clicking on my blue name) =]

My x1900xt get to 65c* for heavy load for every max setting games, and 55c* at idle on a 3 years old black steel case. I also have 3 exhaust fans, one that came with the video card cooler. (not sure if thats an inhale or exhaust fan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back