What to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all, i was wondering if you could help me out with something. as a student, i'm gonna buy a laptop, but i need a little help deciding between a couple of things..
i'm looking at an acer with a pentium M, (2Mb Cache, 1Gb RAM) 128MB graphics, 3 USB2's and a pitiful 2hours battery life, or
an acer with a Centrino Duo processor T2300, (2Mb cache, 1Gb RAM) 224MB Intel945GM graphics, 4 USB2's and a marginally more respectable 3 hours battery life
i havent listed all the spec because the rest is the same between the two but the one with the centrino Duo is £100 ($190) more expensive. maybe its a dumb question, but which would you go for, because i dont know much about processors. and is there anything i should know about any processor which is particularly good/bad/problematic?
Thanks for your help!
joe

The Duo CPU is faster and consumes less power (as you can see from the battery life).

Whether that extra speed and more battery life is worth your money is up to you really.. If affordable, I would go for the newer (Core Duo) model - a newer design is hopefully better and more USB ports and battery life is always good :)

I would also go with the Core Duo CPU, I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 with 1GB RAM and Core Duo T2300 and it gets about 3.5 hrs bat. life, and has reasonably godd performance ( as good as you can get from a laptop)

...AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back