What to do about these registry scan results

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdms96825

I scan my registry daily with Registry Mechanic and CCleaner.

Yesterday, I scanned and repaired the few problems they discovered. Then I downloaded Registry Booster from one of the tech spot sites as it offered a free registry scan. Even though Registry Mechanic and CCleaner found no problems, Registry Booster found 440 problems!!

1. Why would RB find 440 problems when RM and CC found none?

2. Should I be concerned about this -- to the extent that I should purchase RB?

Thanks.

be cautions of FREE Scanners -- they often produce false positive results and tempt
you with fixes for a fee.

Use the search feature on this site to find good AV products, such as AVG 7.5

Blind Dragon, the Registry Mechanic I use is from PC Tools.

I have found several generally favorable reviews of Registry Booster, but one review said that Registry Mechanic found many more errors than RB. But, in my case, it was just the opposite -- Registry Mechanic and CCleaner swept it clean and RB claimed to have found 400+ errors.

I don't know what to do. I am not having ANY problems with this computer.

Blind Dragon, the Registry Mechanic I use is from PC Tools.

I have found several generally favorable reviews of Registry Booster, but one review said that Registry Mechanic found many more errors than RB. But, in my case, it was just the opposite -- Registry Mechanic and CCleaner swept it clean and RB claimed to have found 400+ errors.

I don't know what to do. I am not having ANY problems with this computer.

If it's not broke don't fix it. It's good that you are taking preventative measures, but I wouldn't be too concerned about it. If you want to try a 3rd opinion

Google for System Mechanic by iolo

They have a 30 day trial and I have a feeling you will like it.

And you want to believe the people that recommend Norton.

When people bring their computers to me to be cleaned up, fixed, disinfected. The last thing I do before sending them home, is run the trial of Sys Mechanic7. Believe or not the program is good at a lot of things. I have even seen it catch malware that I missed a few times (infections that you won't find on Google). If you don't want to try it for a 3rd opinion I understand.

Another option would be CCleaner -> select the registry icon on the left and watch what it finds. You have to usually run SCAN then FIX like 4 to 5 times before everything is all fixed up. The nice thing about crap cleaner is it actually tells you exactly why it picked each entry as having something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back