What to do after bin is burned

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok my question is what do i need to after i have burned .bin file...Ok i burned them with Nero 5.9.9.14 i believe the version is right. the files i am talking about is sim city 4. Just need pretty much how to go about playing sim city 4.

peace and thanks

I think you did somethign wrong if you can't just run the setup or install off the disk.

You have to finalize the CD when you burn an image in order to use it properly. Also, DAO is a good idea. And you need special options when you burn games with CD-based copy protections

You do not just burn a BIN file on a data CD... Otherwise you get a big, useless BIN file. :)

You have to burn it as an image.

File/Burn Image/

Then choose the CUE file.. If you do not have one, you can select the BIN file (not recommended). It will ask you what data type it is.. 2352 or 2048.. Burn it as 2352. You'll also be given the option of Track-At-Once, Disc at once and Disc at once / 96.. Choose the last one. Please realize that in all likelyhood, it is not going to work without a CD crack, which you can probably get a www.megagames.com or www.gamecopyworld.com or in a folder on the 2nd CD called "crack".

I strongly discourage burning BIN files in Nero, as it does not always work too well. CDrwin is designed for these types of things.. But if it works in Nero for you, then good for you. :)

As Rick says, you have to open the bin file with your cd burning software, and burn the image contents to cd.

I Have never had any success with bin files using Nero as its not one of Nero's supported formats (cdrwin doesn't work well either, and misreports the file contents creating a fake audio cd with audio tracks instead of a data cd - though this happens only if the cue file is missing).

Further, if the game is on a bin file then chances are it is either already cracked, or the crack is on the cd, or it will not require a crack if it is a perfect copy. You can probably get a crack from GameCopyWorld (Rick has kindly provided a link - the last time I did so, it was removed by a moderator, so best be quick) if you really need one.

Also, as far as I am aware, there are a number of early SimCity4 copies in circulation that don't work at all, and you may have one of these.

For burning cds, I use CD Mate, which is one of the best cd recording software available, and is the only one I have found that can accurately burn a bin file without the cue file being present. It also defeats copy protected cd's and makes perfect copies every time. You can get a trial version over here ...

CD Mate

Originally posted by Nic
I Have never had any success with bin files using Nero as its not one of Nero's supported formats (cdrwin doesn't work well either, and misreports the file contents creating a fake audio cd with audio tracks instead of a data cd - though this happens only if the cue file is missing).
If he has a cue its supported, Nero 5.5.6.4 is what I have and when you go to 'file -> burn image' .cue files are supported. Possibly you have an older version that doesn't support them.

CUE is supported in later versions of Nero (I think around 5.5.6 or so). It is also able to burn BIN files directly (newer versions at least), but once again - They don't always work very well.

At the VERY LEAST though, you should be able read the contents of what is on the CD.

Phantasm is right in suggesting WinImage (or another imaging program for that matter) that can open BIN files and extract the files to your hard disk. You can then burn them out of a folder, rather than burning them from an image, which proves to be iffy without the right tools. You WILL need a no-cd crack for this though.. If you burn the BIN directly, there might be a chance it will work without the no-cd patch... Although unlikely.

If you use WinISO, you can choose to convert any image file to a .NRG file, which is supported by Nero. Just clicking on the converted file starts the burn after a simple click on the "OK" button (provided a CDR is in the drive).

Extracting image file contents to the hard drive can sometimes work (a NoCD patch is required to play the game - you'll also need to take note of the cd label), but doesn't often work due to some copy protection schemes that deliberately misreport file sizes. When these 'erroneous' files are copied to the hard drive it can become impossible to burn these back to cd correctly (won't fit), if at all, and some games will simply refuse to install (non-original cd detected).

Many of the bin files available on the web do not come with cue files and Nero (even the latest version) requires manual configuration to work with bin files, so its a bit of a lottery as to whether you'll be successful or not (I've never been successful - you have to guess the original cd configuration parameters).

If a bin file was provided, then it will already be cracked and so will work correctly if you manage to burn it on to CD.

Nice one tim, conversion with WinISO will work, provided that the image is not of a multi-session/multi-track cd.

If you really like the game, and play it a lot, then you should definitely go out and buy it and support the developers. Just my 2p worth. :)

PS: Its a little disturbing that so many people have experience of this type of thing don't you think? :blush:

The easiest way to make sure you've got a correct .cue fil before burning, is to load it up in f.ex. Daemon Tools...
If the .cue file is correct, it'll be loaded as a cdrom, if not, you'll get an error telling you you've got an incorrect .cue file..

Most .cue's I've come across (be it games, movies etc) look like this:
FILE "INSERTNAMEOF.bin" BINARY
TRACK 1 MODE2/2352
INDEX 1 00:00:00

So all you need to do is copy this into a .txt, save it, and rename it to a .cue file... (Just remember to insert the name of the bin)...

But I'd still recommend using Daemon Tools (or something similar) to make sure you don't burn a coaster...

Originally posted by Nic
PS: Its a little disturbing that so many people have experience of this type of thing don't you think? :blush:

Maybe...

When it comes to games, I usually get a hold of a copy and play it for a while to see if I like it or not...

If I like it, I go out and buy it... If not, I delete it...

That explains why I've got the amount of knowledge about this that I do...

That and the fact that I follow certain television shows which aren't showing in Norway, so I have to download each ep from the net...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back