What to update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently having some issue with installing Windows Vista because it wont recognize my hard drives. I was able to install about a month ago and been using it. I tried to reformat last night and it wont recognize my hard drive. The Vista install gave me "Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation". I did some research and found this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927520. Seem like i have to update my hard drive controller. It was working why wouldnt it work now???? Weird.

I have a DFI LanParty nF4 SLI-DR motherboard. What should i update to update my hard drive controller? Should i update the BIOS or the nForce chipset? If the nForce chipset do i obtain it from DFI or Nvidia?

Final question - does updating a chipset work like BIOS where it will be store on the hardware level or software (in OS)?

Thanks for any helps.

Go to the DFI website, and see what they say about Vista compatibility. All your motherboard drivers should be obtained from DFI not Nvidia! Bios data is stored in non-volatile memory on the motherboard, not in the OS on a hard drive. Are you doing a fresh Vista install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back