What video card is right for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kreftm

I'm about to build my first tower. I use my computer primarily for multimedia; downloading, uploading, web surfing, etc. I am not a gamer. Do I need an expensive video card or can I get by with one under $100? I want the card to have DVI capability. Which card is right for me? Thanks.

...to add to that, I'm not on a small budget. I'm willing to go well over $100 if need be, but I'm wondering if I can get by with a cheaper one if it'll do the job.

Thanks, man. I haven't decided on a mobo yet, but I'll definately go with PCIe. I just, generally, wanted to know whether a card under $100 would satisfy my needs. I appreciate the input ...even though you are from Minnesota! Just kidding, thanks again.

Well, since we have snow on the ground for 8 months out of the year (ok, 6 months) I've got nothing to do but play around with comps lol. If you are not planning on doing any hardcore gaming, then they should work just fine for watching videos and web surfing. They would also work fine with todays games but would need to be run at low/medium settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back