What Video Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I play World of Warcraft and that is all I do on this particular computer. I am getting very low framerate (as low as 9), but it will spike up as high as 30 fps.

I noticed my friend has a Dell Insipron laptop and he gets 60+ fps. I recently upgraded the RAM, and so I want to upgrade the videocard. I know what videocard I have right now, and so I was hoping that you guys could help me find one that is good for running WoW, and will match the slot for my computer.

I currently have a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 w/ AGP8x which has 64mb DDR SDRAM, 350mhx / 166mhz mem. speed & 175mhz cont. speed. 128bit DDR.

Also, it's an AMD Athlon 1ghz / 1.5GB RAM.. Windows XP Service Pack2

If you need anything else, let me know. My price range is ~$150, but remember, i just need something to run WoW well.

Probably a 6200 would be fine. Problem is if you go any 'better' than that your money will be wasted because your CPU can't keep up.

Bonus: Its really cheap.

Laptops are more difficult to upgrade, especially video cards, if at all possible. The choices if any are limited by the laptop itself. Check with Dell.
Is it a laptop or desktop you have?

Its probably a desktop because he said GF4MX440 rather than GF Go, and it has 1.5 gigs of RAM, laptops running a 1Ghz processor are unlikely to support that much RAM.

An NVIDIA FX5500 is a good AGP budget card. Don't expect high end play though. A 1ghz machine is fairly slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back