What were your favorite books?

ravisunny2

As a kid, I read just about every book by Enid Blyton & P. G. Wodehouse.

Books I can never forget : To Kill A Mockingbird, Lord Of The Flies

(pity that William Holden goofed slightly about Piggy's glasses)

Couldn't figure out Kafka's Citadel. I think I'll give it another shot now.

Ahhh, TKAM :D ! I read that in school last year, and it was pretty good if you ask me....although, I prefer more "odd" books by Stephen King :grinthumb ! Take Secret Window Secret Garden, Desperation, etc...

I am currently reading books for my comparative religion course but, I have a huge wish-list at Amazon: I might read, The Lost Christianities by Ehrman.

Definitely Terry Pratchett.

Hey, Cfitzarl, they tech you TKAM over there? I have studied that book before. Not a favorite I must say.

As a kid a read almost every roald dahl Book, my favorite being going solo. Now, well i don't really read. The last book i read was Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, which i now consider one of my all time favorites.

For a more honest answer. I really don't read much, I get books with the intention of reading, but I often only read a few chapters then just stop, some of it might be the type of books I read just don't draw you in much, but I think a lot of it is I just don't really like reading. It is an incredible time sink, time I could spend doing other things I enjoy more.

Growing up I read darn near all of the 'Three Investigators' series. I also really liked 'Where the Red Fern Grows'.

As an adult (in age only) I very much enjoyed 'Alas, Babylon' by Pat Frank and 'Angels & Demons' by Dan Brown.

I'm all about gaming here. I've been studying up on programs like Gamemaker, Visual Studios XNA, and other manuals and tutorials for Game programs. I've also done some serious reading on my own time. My favorite genres are Horror, Suspense, and Fantasy novels. I'm a real huge fan of Dean Koontz ^_^ I've even picked up a few comic books and manga (if that's considered reading).

In all seriousness, "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley.
Co-incidence. I think all the people who work at the Post Offices here have mandatory sleep learning during working hours- none of them seem awake when I see them.

Favourite books..."Definitely Maybe: A Manuscript Discovered under Unusual Circumstances" and "Roadside Picnic" by Arkadii and Boris Strugatsky, and "The Baroque Cycle" trilogy (Quicksilver, The Confusion, The System of the World) by Neal Stephenson

Back