*.whataboutadog.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have read though a lot of the posts regarding *.whataboutadog.com
I am working on my aunts PC. I would rather not reformat now, etc.
I have uninstalled Norton Anti-Virus & Internet security. (She was getting SSL errors & could not log in to many things.)

I would like help later as I am not in front of her PC Thanks

I am A+ cert for 8 yrs. I just need help completing the task.
I have 'cleaned' it up as best I can & is runnign much better.
Thanks

Sorry,
It said to introduce myself, I have never psoted here, I just thought I would bring up the problem, etc. I will post again when I am ready.
Other than that, I cant believe this kind of spware/malware. What a hassle.

thanks
Dan

When you`re again in front of your aunts pc, please do the following.

Right click on this link DelO15Domains.inf and choose Save As. Save it to your desktop. Right click on that file and choose Install. It will run immediately (you won't be able to see anything happen). You may delete it afterwards. NOTE: This script will delete any sites you may have added to the Trusted Sites. So if you want them back, you have to add them back to the Trusted Sites again.

Please download FindAWF to your Desktop.
Double-click FindAWF.exe to start the tool.
Select "option #1 - Scan for bak folders" by typing 1 and press Enter
When the tool has completed, a report will open up in notepad. Please post the results of the awf.txt as an attachment.

Also, please post a HJT log as per these instructions.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Veghead only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

AWF & Hijack This Files - *Whataboutadog.com

In Advance THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!

I have attached the hijackthis & AWF files.

You can follow the instructions in this thread - https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic89825.html

Or i can assist you if you wish.

This thread is for the use of Veghead only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Ok, your aunts computer is infected with the trojan called Downloader.Agent.awf. It replaces legitimate files that are common on most computers with an infected file. Then, it moves the legitimate files to a bak or backup folder.

Please go and follow the instructions in this thread.

Then, post back here with the results and a fresh HJT log.

Question,

In the directions it States... " You would then need to do the following with Example1. Scroll down the file, until you come to the main body marked as START HERE. It`s the entries below where it says "Duplicate files of bak directory contents" that we`re interested in. "

Am I supposed to copy them FROM example1 or my original AWF text file?

And in my original , Not all of them have a BAK directory, to clarify, do I then select the line individually.?

You need to copy from your awf.txt files. The files attached in my thread are for example only and are for showing you how to use the tool.

Hi,
Well at this point it seems to have been solved. I'll admit Im not exactly sure I saw all the correct outputted text files, I have rebooted, etc. It is not showing back up (*whataboutadog.com)
Although, There was 2 profiles (my Aunts & My uncles) the dog.com address was in trusted zones, I removed it & have rebooted again, etc. It doesnt seem to be showing up.

I will be starting a new thread for pointers on Defragmenting. After running it it gives me the unable to completely defrag log, with a list of several files.

Thank You very much for helping in this area. -

Dan - Veghead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back