Whataboutadog.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpauljr

i have a pc infected with *.whataboutadog.com, attached is the log for hijackthis.
any help is greatly appreciated.
Bob

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have removed your HJT log as it`s in the word wrap format and can`t easily be read.

Open your HJT log in Notepad and click Format, make sure Word Wrap is not ticked.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and follow the instructions in this thread HERE, then post the requested log files once done.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of bpauljr only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Yes, that`s fine now.

Go and follow the instructions in the link I gave you.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of bpauljr only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I have done all of the following but upon restarting my computer the *.whataboutadog.com is back in my trusted sites again.

After completing the instructions above, post a fresh HJT log as well as a fresh awf.txt after running option1 of the FindAWF tool.

All you have to do is follow the instructions I give you and we will clean your system.

However, if you don`t, then we`re really going to struggle to help you.

Hey, at last lol.

I`m pleased to say your awf.txt is now clean. That means that particular infection is now gone.

Now, we need to check your system for any other infections it might have. you need to do the following exactly.

Right click on this link DelO15Domains.inf and choose Save As. Save it to your desktop. Right click on that file and choose Install. It will run immediately (you won't be able to see anything happen). You may delete it afterwards. NOTE: This script will delete any sites you may have added to the Trusted Sites. So if you want them back, you have to add them back to the Trusted Sites again.

Then, go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or folders(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\COH_Mon.sys
C:\VundoFix Backups
C:\Qoobox

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh Combofix log.

That`s clean mate.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

i think the *whataboutadog.com is still within my trusted sites, i will reboot now and double check. what if it is?

its still within my trusted security sites in IE

It certainly wasn`t in your last HJT log.

If you find it back in your trusted sites, do the following again.

Right click on this link DelO15Domains.inf and choose Save As. Save it to your desktop. Right click on that file and choose Install. It will run immediately (you won't be able to see anything happen). You may delete it afterwards. NOTE: This script will delete any sites you may have added to the Trusted Sites. So if you want them back, you have to add them back to the Trusted Sites again.

Then, post a fresh HJT log as well as a fresh awf.txt after running option1 of the FindAWF tool.

Edit: Please stop making multiple posts. You should have used the edit button to add that info.

Both logs are still clean.

Double-click the FindAWF icon once again.
Use the following option: Press 4 then Enter to reset domain zones

When the program returns to the main menu, use the following option:
Press E then Enter to EXIT

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

i did all that but on restart it still appearing within the trusted sites.
and Norton is still picking up Trojan.Zonbac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back