Whats a Good Graphics card for Gaming and using Adobe Software-Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

cracking7

Hi

Does anyone know a good Graphics card for use for medium gaming, but mostly on using Adobe Software, for example, Photoshop and Illustrator.
Please find below link to Upgrade options I'm looking at for my old PC:
http://www.novatech.co.uk:80/novatech/specpage.html?MBB-N43051

Recomended the entry level 6600GT lineup for Gaming

I'll list too, in case break in link:

Processor: Athlon 64 3000
Heatsink and Fan: Original Manufacturer
Memory: 1x 512MB 184 PIN 2.5V 400MHZ
Motherboard: NF4UK8AA-8EKRS
Socket Type: 939
Memory Slots: 4x DDR
Chipset: NVIDIA nForce4 (CK8-04) Ultra
AGP Slots N/A
16x PCI-Express Slots 1
1x PCI-Express Slots 2
PCI Slots: 4
CNR Slots: N/A
Onboard Sound: 7.1 channel AC97 (Realtek)
LAN: Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000) MAC + PHY (Vitesse)
Onboard Graphics: No
USB Ports: 4
Parallel Ports: 1
Serial Ports: 1
Form Factor: ATX

Look forward to hearing on your advise, Best Regards :cool: :) :cool:

I've done a lot of research on this because I built a new system back in August. While I am not much of a gamer, I needed a very good NLE machine. However, the card I chose is quite the gamer card but had all the extras I needed to run Adobe Video Collection.

I picked the Connect 3D Radeon X850XT Platinum card from Tigerdirect. At the time it was $350 but I know it's cheaper now. It's got everything you need for a demanding application like Premiere Pro 1.5 and its related software. 256MB of GDDR3 memory and dual DVI outs. I highly recommend this card. I've been using it since the start of September with Adobe and it's great.

Your CPU and memory are a bit more of an important factor with rendering and burning though. My new PC has a 3.4Ghz P4 and 2GB of 533Mhz dual channel RAM. It's an exceptional increase in speed and productivity over my old 2.4Ghz and 512 Rambus.

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my own computer and found that the bundled packages were not much help from novatech, or e-buyer, as neither of them had the cpu i wanted, along with the right amount of memory(at least 1024mb for gaming), so I ended up buying all of the components seperatley and at least that way i got exactly what i wanted.

Try Novatech.co.uk ebuyer.co.uk and scan.com, they all have some good prices for what you are after.

Rick.

As for the graphics card a 6600 is a good choice, since they bought out the 7800 the 6600 has gone right down in price, and is more than capable of running photoshop etc.

Would probably have helped if i had put this in the post above, LOL :)

Hi Rick

Thanks very much for the advice.
I'm really quite new to looking at upgrading my PC.
I've only ever owned one PC, the one I own now, managed to do basic upgrades (HD and Memory) following details of my PC:

1999 Gateway performance 500
Pentium 3
500MHz
6GB HD which was upgraded to 40GB Mator ATA HD
64MB Memory was upgraded to 768MB Full Memory
Voodoo 3000 Graphics Card
Running Windows XP
Power Supply 200W
Modem

Usage Adobe Graphics - Medium Gaming

Not sure how much to spend for a good upgrade, cause asking around a really good new system cost from £600 - £1000

I haven't got that much money to spend - I could look at £300-£400, does that sound fair amount of money for a good positive upgrade to my existing PC?

This is why I looked at the bundles packages, but I would much prefer to do myself, but nervous I may buy the incorrect parts, i'm trying to learn :knock:

Would you be able to offer some advise please?
If you don't mind me asking, approx how much did you spend for the upgrade on your PC?
What upgrades did you go for, as for buying individual parts?

Correct me if im wrong.

I’ll need to look at new
CPU -(I’m told AMD is just as good as Pentium 4)
Motherboard - Not sure what’s a recommended one
Memory - I used Crucial for my Gateway upgrade, they seemed very good
New Power Supply - Not sure what’s a recommended one
Graphics card - PCI or AGP (Not sure of the difference)
Heatsink/Fan - Not sure what’s a recommended one

Look forward to hearing from you, I really would appreciate the help

best regards Chris :cool: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back