Whats better CRT or TFT monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prash

Hello, I've got a 17" CRT Nec monitor which i've had since 1998 and so far as worked reliably. But looking to upgrade.I mainly play a lot of games. Now I was told that flat screen monitors, altho more expensive emit less radiation,have brighter displays.

On the downside they are more prone to breaking down and their response times are not as fast as CRT monitors. A typical response time of a 17" TFT is probably 12ms.

Is there any truth in this, and why is this so? And what is better crt or tft? these are the questions. thanks in advance.

That is true, a traditional CRT monitor will refresh faster than a TFT.

The radiation emisions from modern monitors is nothing to worry about. I know people who play games on both CRT and TFT monitors, it all depends on the amount you intend to play, money you have and the quality of monitor you want to get.

A flat screen and TFT are not one and the same BTW..

Bad about CRT: radiation(?), big, flickers.

Good about CRT: Tweakability.
You can adjust resolutions, colour, brightness, contrast over a broad range. This is important if you play games that run at different resolutions, do any kind of graphic design or work in a place where lighting conditions change (e.g. a room facing south).

Bad about TFT: see above - none of it with a TFT, plus ghosting and limited view angle.

Good about TFT: it's smaller and good for the eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back