What's is with all the Zeros?

T-Shirt

I was just playing with the search function, and found a few weird things.
The weirdest, to me, was 185 names have been registered, and have zero posts, 150 of them joined in the last 2 months.
while a few may have just joined and not posted yet, it seems bizarre that people would register ,but never post!
Anybody, have a sort of reasonable (no alien abductions, please!) explaination?

You register your nick as you spend much time using the forum (searching/solving problems/learning), but don't have much need to post anything...

And it could be that they want to make sure their username will be available when they do post...

.02$

Could also be some folks who signed up in home of winning the competition and then realised that they were out of their depth...

Re: Re: What's is with all the Zeros?

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi
And it could be that they want to make sure their username will be available when they do post...
.02$
agreed. i even had some accounts signed up with the name "Ai Hate" just because i want to reserve my "seat" :haha:

Yeah, remember this is a totally different forum. I signed up for a contest a year ago for just a motherboard and I was in the top 5 or 6 in posts.....I only had 35 !! So I think your right, people come and realize they can't devote the time to post and don't or loose interest.

Originally posted by svtcobra
Its definately from the contest...

Agreed, people sign up assuming they'll have to do little to be eligible to win the contest, but then realize all the knowledge that flows through these boards. Then, they realize they either can't compete or don't want to put the effort into winning the contest so they go about their way without even trying to add to the vast knowledge here at 3DS. I must admit that I had a mindset similar to this when I first came here that I wouldn't have to do much to at least be in contention to win the contest, but after 670 posts I still don't know if I'll win a prize. That just goes to show that the people here at 3DS are dedicated and professional about the things they do. And that there is a vast array of knowledge that comes from these boards every day. It's sad that these people have this minset, but it is the way things are and will be when contests of this caliber are run.

I figured the contest brought in alot, but by the time you read the rules, lurk for a while to see if you fit in, and register, you would think a few posts would not be all that hard!

Re: Re: What's is with all the Zeros?

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi
it could be that they want to make sure their username will be available when they do post...
Somehow, I've never had that problem :haha:

I wonder why Mick...
I guess noone really knows about Aztec rulers of the underworld. Kind of obscure. I mean, it's regular dinner conversation for my family, but I don't know about the average family...:haha:

But anyhoo, I sincerely believe it's because people came here upon hearing about the contest, they registered immediately and started going through the forums, hoping to find somewhere where they can post stuff. Apparently, they never found anywhere, and gradually drifted away from the forums. I must have surfed the forums as a guest before I registered for a month, at this time not knowing much about computers, and just reading the posts and understanding who you people were. I then registered, and have taken classes in the meantime to up my knowledge of this subject.

Originally posted by Vehementi
I wonder why Mick...
I guess noone really knows about Aztec rulers of the underworld. Kind of obscure. I mean, it's regular dinner conversation for my family, but I don't know about the average family...:haha:

Is that before or after the blood sacrifice?
And were do you find a virgin these days?

Plenty of Sith still around..... We are always looking for bloodthirsty, evil minded maniacs to join our ranks..... An Aztek seems as good as any....

movie_sm.jpg

That's usually during the sacrifice, or at least part of it when we eat the brain, heart and liver.

Virgins are plentiful. Look around some! I have a huge stockpile of them in my basement.

Usually, (large) sacrifices were performed once in an Aztec century, ie. 52 years in today's calendar. I'll accept some cool virgins, though :D

Back